Monday, April 18, 2011

Most inspired post EVER!

Last night I wrote the MOST inspired, fabulous and engaging post in Whimages history only to wake up this morning to find it gone!  Ok, so maybe it wasn't that fabulous or inspired but it took me a while to write!  It was a bit lengthy.  This time I'm just going to give you the facts. Jack. 

Our living room has somehow morphed into the room that our teenage twins like to entertain their friends.  I think it has more to do with the fact that WE are not in there than it attracting them style wise.  Regardless, it's ready for a little makeover.  I have NEVER like the paint color in there.  It's a soft lemon yellow when it was supposed to be matched to our kitchen and foyer which is a soft, warm butter yellow.  We've decided to put wainscoting and crown (which might be a long while!) and paint the top a gorgeous Sherwin Williams color I saw on HOUZZ called Tidewater Blue.  This is a totally different method to choosing a paint color than what I normally do.  I usually "see" the color in my head and then go pick it out.  (that sounds like I'm some freak)   So this is a stretch for me...I hope we love it! It's the color of the walls in the first photo from yesterdays post.  We also want to have the furniture slip covered in some super incredibly durable and washable fabric.  I think we'll get this all accomplished when the money tree we planted in the backyard starts to bloom.  In the meantime here are some of the rooms that have been inspiring me!  (I hope this post doesn't disappear!)

Lola Bs traditional living room


House in the Hamptons traditional living room


Kitchen, Bath and interior design traditional living room


Attention to details traditional entry


Lafayette Residence Two traditional living room

6 comments:

tinajo said...

Such a bummer with the lost post - but I love this post, great inspiration! :-)

oldgreymare said...

WOW...with these as inspiration how could you fail?

The first image is the color theme I have going in my master... I have a blue ceiling. I will have to have a blue ceiling in my bedroom from now on...
these are gorgeous.

xx
z

thank heaven I had the enclosed back porch when I had teens...they could be out there for hours :D

It's me said...

What a inspiration !!!! love love Ria....xxx...

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Love love love the inspiration!!
I'm sorry about the post...don't get me started about blogger right now :) I hope the sunshine I sent has made it !
XO

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

I'd be so upset if I lost a post. Those things take too long to do! I love, love all your inspiration photos. The color is a great choice too.

Anonymous said...

I hate when you work on something and then it is gone... I guess it is the downside of technology! Anyways, this post is great too, and I love the images.
Have a wonderful and relaxing weekend.
Xo,
E&J